Monday 24 September 2012

Moggy Update - Finally!

So there has been lots of advancements over the past weekend, which have not only been exciting, but also meant that on Sunday night I took Lucy out for a spin for the very first time! After Scout Camp at the weekend, I was extremely excited to be greeted with a covered Lucy there on my drive, and when I found out off my parents that it was ready to go I was extremely excited.

It has been fixed and MOTd, as well as the underside being scrubbed down and wax-oiled so that it is protected against the rain and wet that will be thrown at it over the coming months. However, the work has only just begun. There is still the sealing of the wood to do, as well as polishing, cleaning and touching up the tiny patches of rust, not to mention trying to get l the chrome to a reasonable shine!

There is still a mountain of stuff to do, but already it appears to have brought together the entire family, working together to perfect the car. My dad was really chuffed about being able to drive it home from the garage and proud to tell me about the amount of times he crunched the gears on the way!

Anyway I will keep you posted with further progress, after I have enjoyed driving it round a lot of course, and will try and get some pictures up for you to see the work so far.

Thanks for reading. Follow me on twitter: @peachy146

No comments:

Post a Comment